Welcome!!!

Welcome to my little corner of the universe.



My journey into the world of art began by watching Mom. She could work magic with a bit of paint and a brush. I was fascinated by how she could transform a flat blank canvas into a beautiful work of art. Now, several years later, I'm continuing in the footsteps I followed as a child watching Mom. Thanks for your inspiration and guidance!!!!



"If you don't try - you won't know you can...." Marie (Mom) Janssen






Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Doodle Art

A couple months ago I started experimenting with doodle art after seeing some work done by Leslie Raffelson's graphic arts class. I was amazed at the way the different shapes and images started to flow out of my mind, through my gel pen, and onto the paper. Look closely and you'll find common, everyday objects hidden within the seemingly random lines and squiggles. The title of my blog has, as a backdrop, my first doodle (11" x 17") I'm not sure how many hours I spent on that piece of doodle art, but I'm sure is was a lot. The corner is left blank - representing my little corner of the universe - without all the stuff that tends to clutter up our brain.

Here are a few examples of other pieces I've done. The first two are from the "Gift of the Spirit" series...Faith, Peace, Hope, Joy, Grace, Love. The doodle is 2 1/2" x 7" on a 5 x 12 heavy paper backing in a black frame. Looks pretty cool as a group.



Here are a few more. Each doodle is about 3" square on a 5 x 7 backing framed in black.








Doodle On.........................



No comments:

Post a Comment