Welcome!!!

Welcome to my little corner of the universe.



My journey into the world of art began by watching Mom. She could work magic with a bit of paint and a brush. I was fascinated by how she could transform a flat blank canvas into a beautiful work of art. Now, several years later, I'm continuing in the footsteps I followed as a child watching Mom. Thanks for your inspiration and guidance!!!!



"If you don't try - you won't know you can...." Marie (Mom) Janssen






Sunday, October 28, 2012

Commission Piece

Starting on the portrait of parents - thoughts???  Remember- this is still in the rough sketch phase.  Size is 16 x 20. 
 
Think it's turning out pretty good so far???
 
Sheila
 

2 comments:

  1. Great start, Sheila! I like the different angle and not the "traditional" straight on. He has such an endearing look on his face, and she looks giddy in love. Can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ronda - This is definitely going to be a challenge. I love your description of the subjects. I'm going to post the original photo in the next post to give you an idea of what I'm working withl.

    ReplyDelete