Welcome!!!

Welcome to my little corner of the universe.



My journey into the world of art began by watching Mom. She could work magic with a bit of paint and a brush. I was fascinated by how she could transform a flat blank canvas into a beautiful work of art. Now, several years later, I'm continuing in the footsteps I followed as a child watching Mom. Thanks for your inspiration and guidance!!!!



"If you don't try - you won't know you can...." Marie (Mom) Janssen






Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Our Daily Bread" (24" x 18")

Finished with this still life.  Originally I had a kerosene lamp in the place of the candle, but didn't really like it so I took it out.  I do plan on using the lamp in a different painting. 


Think this will be a nice complimentary piece to "The Apple Peeler" 

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Sheila! The book, bread, candlestick and flame all look great. You invested a lot of time and work in the checkered tablecloth and it was worth it. It adds a lot of interest to this composition. I like the warmth of the light on the background wall. Lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice frame. It compliments the painting.

    ReplyDelete