Welcome!!!

Welcome to my little corner of the universe.



My journey into the world of art began by watching Mom. She could work magic with a bit of paint and a brush. I was fascinated by how she could transform a flat blank canvas into a beautiful work of art. Now, several years later, I'm continuing in the footsteps I followed as a child watching Mom. Thanks for your inspiration and guidance!!!!



"If you don't try - you won't know you can...." Marie (Mom) Janssen






Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Inspiration

A painting begins with a basic idea. A series of lines take their place on a white canvas and paint is applied filling the blank whiteness. Light is intensified by dark, attention is focused.......

An exceptionally executed piece of art - its inspiration, its imperfect perfection, its artist's vision - connects the viewer with the soul of the artist. What is the source of artistic inspiration? This question is as illusive as the wind and answers as varied as there are artists.

What inspires you?



Putting the finishing touches on "Lightening the Load".  Will post the finished piece in a week or so.(BTW:  I did get that closet cleaned out.  Got rid of a lot of "clutter junk" that was just taking up space. Felt pretty good.)  Now I'm ready for my next challenge.  Stop back in a couple days and see what's on my easel.

Happy Painting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment