Welcome!!!

Welcome to my little corner of the universe.



My journey into the world of art began by watching Mom. She could work magic with a bit of paint and a brush. I was fascinated by how she could transform a flat blank canvas into a beautiful work of art. Now, several years later, I'm continuing in the footsteps I followed as a child watching Mom. Thanks for your inspiration and guidance!!!!



"If you don't try - you won't know you can...." Marie (Mom) Janssen






Sunday, July 18, 2010

Highlander #1 (12 x 12) WIP

Here is the beginnings of a series of close-ups of Scottish Highlanders. This is still quite rough and will need to put in highlights and more detail in the hair. My husband was wondering why I would do this series ... don't think he's a fan of cow paintings. But I think they have such personalities - they make me giggle. Anyway, it's an opportunity to practice painting hair. They have a lot of it.

I started working on #2 as this one dries..............Check back again soon to see the latest updates. Sorry about the glare - wet paint




P.S. Thanks to Shayne McGuire of "Myths and Legends Photography" for permission to paint these beautiful beasts. Her website address: http://www.mythandlegends.net/ check it out!!! Beautiful work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment